I am seeking Illustrators for a biology textbook project. The work has already begun and my client needs illustrations completed. There are approximately 100 illustrations that need to be created from supplied specs. A number of these illustrations will require a placed raster file from Photoshop, which must be created. This is part 1... there is also a part 2, which will awarded to a different illustrator. Same work, just need to have more people working on them.
All of this art should be created in CMYK (process color). Each piece would also have text, which must be created in Illustrator, along with any leader lines. All specifications for the art, text and size will be supplied. All art must be supplied as an Adobe Illustrator .ai file. All supplied files must be layered... text, lines and placed raster files must be on separate layers. Layers must be labeled as to what is on the layer. If a raster file is required and created, you must keep the layered source file and supply it at the end of the project.
1) Must read, write and speak English
2) Prior experience creating Illustrations for textbooks or related materials.
3) Prefer Eastern Europe based illustrators. This is merely a preference, as I am in Cyprus.
4) Must be fast, efficient and precise.
5) NOTE: India-based or Pakistan-based... do not apply. Any bids received will be ignored.
1) Create the piece of art from the supplied spec.
2) Work will entail any changes/alterations from client... for first pass you will supply a PDF for approval.
3) Upon approval, the first milestone will be released. Don't ask for a milestone for half of the project... it will be based on 10 pieces are a time.
4) Upon release of first milestone, you will supply .ai files for placement in the book.
5) Upon final art approval, you will supply all files for the approved art... .ai and all source files used to create the art.
6) This is all work for hire... after you are paid, my client owns all rights to the art created.
Timeframe... ASAP. We want to go to press in December.
You will be asked to supply one piece as a test. If selected, you will be paid for these pieces, as the test will be art that is required. I may select two or three illustrators, depending upon deadlines. Please see the attached spec sheet. Pick out one of the pieces from the supplied .doc or .odt file. Provide a PDF as your sample. Do not supply .ai files or the source Photoshop files, until you are awarded and accept the project. We will only use .ai in the book files, not the PDFs. The PDF will be used for selecting the winning bidder.
Spec file is in Word and Open Office... I can obtain a PDF of the art spec, but won't be able to do so right now.
Base specs... rules at a minimum of .5 pt. Rules that go into art, need a 1 pt while rule behind the black rule. Fonts are Verdana 10 pt. Width is approximately 5.25 inches wide. Height should be proportionate.
Rate: we are anticipating paying approximately $30 per piece of art. Bid as you think is best. My client will have final say on acceptable price. Bid per piece, not as a total. Payments will be made on the amount of art supplied.
28 freelancers estão ofertando em média $2424 para este trabalho
Experience in scientific diagrams and medical illustration. Some works in the link below. [url removed, login to view]!medical-ilustration/c1559 Best Regards!