*****The work must be delivered before this sunday.*****
***We do not want to use some module - you are free to use some code from that though***
*pl. read complete specs before quoting. Time is of the essence right now for us*
On a fully functioning 3 column Drupal 5.x site,
Need a new page ( will display in the middle column) with myspace like micro blogging functionality where, once logged in (log in functionality already working), users can
1. update "what are you doing now" status field - ajax style
2. and just below this status field, you need to stream this user's friends "what are you doing now" updates with their pictures pulled from db as a thumbnail
3. our logged in user should be leave comments on his buddy's status updates from this same page - ajax style
Breaking down the reqs:
1. users, who are logged in, will have the ability to update their status by typing in certain number of characters (say 160)
2. Users can save the typed text as their status update by pressing a button (without page refresh - ajax use? )
(Once saved, the status update need not be changed or deleted)
3. Anyone visiting this user's profile AFTER the status update can see the latest status update on the status update stream page
(Users who already have this profile home page open, while the update was being made, can only see the changes if they REFRESH the page)
4. The functionality should work for multiple status updates at the same time for multiple users (test case of 20 multiple inserts)
5. The functionality is written so it appears on a page of its own - we will call this page microblog and the url will have user id in it
6. Myspace ike stream of updates form other users is displayed under the above field
7. The user can view status updates form his friends and leave comments - again use of ajax? so page doesnt get refreshed
(The comments themselves are limited to 160 characters as well)
8. The comments appear one after another along with the name and db stored pic (thumbnail) of the user who made the comment.
We have 2 tables - one has the user id and the other user's buddy list that will be used for this functionality.
We will create 2 new tables to store these status updates and comments associated with the user ids and buddy ids
We have more work in the same site lined up total some $1200 worth of contract. THe right person needs to deliver one project after another.
Please have previous drupal experience to showcase