1. Add Google maps to an existing ASPX page. The maps will show property locations for a series of houses returned from an SQL query.
2. Populate the repeater with the same properties in the map
The ASPX page and repeater and the basic SQL query will be provided (see attached image).
Post Backs should use Ajax.
The page contains a series of buttons that call the same SQL query passing in different parameters for area and price. The map will be drawn in the open space on the page.
It is expected that each search will return between 10 and 200 properties that must be mapped.
• The maps will have custom flags icons and rollovers: properties will have different colored flags or icons depending the information contained in their property record. The icons will be provided along with their parameters.
• The map will contain the zoom controls
• Specific areas will be defined on the map with a background color or outline.
Speed is critical to a good user-experience with this application.
Most users will do the same basic searches over and over generating the same results.
The SQL data updates only once or twice a day, so most of the search will produce the same property list and build the same map each time the search is conducted.
I don’t want to spend a lot of time generating the identical map over and over for each user on the site. I am looking for a solution that speed the map creation process
Part of the job is to create a strategy to speed the drawing of these maps. I would like to understand your ideas for how you would approach this problem.
• Can the maps be pre-built? Stored as XML?, or SQL cache or some other format?
• Can the data required by Google maps be added to the property information for faster drawing time? (e.g., map coordinates)
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Format: [url removed, login to view] 2005 and [url removed, login to view], MS SQL Server 2000