Using existing classic asp Live Chat script (like [url removed, login to view]) I want to modify the code to allow the use of departments.
1. There will be two different operator logins - One Rentals and the other Sales
2. The script that shows the users if an operator is online can show that an operator is online if either sales operator or rental operator is online.
3. Once a user clicks the chat icon, it currently takes you to a screen where the user enters their name and then they begin to chat with the operator. I want this screen to be modified to have two sections, Rentals and Sales. If the rental operator is online, then the script will allow the user to enter their name and chat with the rental operator. if the sales operator is online, the same. If both are online, the user can choose which operator they want to speak with.
4. The sales operator and rental operator should have different messenger environment so that if someone wants to talk to the sales, the messenger only rings the sales operator and the same for the rental operator.
5. In the back section that already exists (live at [[url removed, login to view]]), there is a link for operator login. There can be two links, one for rental operator and the other for sales operator to help distinguish the two different kinds of operators.
The page [url removed, login to view] has been setup by me to be used for demo purposes of testing this script. The login credintials are the same as they were last week so you will have no problem logging in. Although please leave all commenting intact on the index_test page because I will have to replicate the code throughout the site.
The files that I am uploading here are located on the server as well in the chat directory.