I need software to create a calendar application similar to the Brown Bear iCal software that can be seen at [url removed, login to view]
For specifications, see [url removed, login to view]
Features / changes:
- All code needs to be written in ASP (preferred) or ASP.Net, using an Access database, optimized for the fastest calendar page views as possible (using indexing / special database querys / etc). If background software is required to complete the application, it should be written in VB.Net as a Service.
- Customizable global colors & fonts (title bars/events/etc)
- For each event, colors should be customizable (not fonts)
- All colors & fonts should be embedded in style sheets wherever possible so that each calendar page view transfers as few bytes as possible to the client pc
- HTML/style sheets should be 100% compatible with IE 4.0+ (styles / stylesheets only used for font & color, and font alignment information)
- No pages should POST except when submitting or updating information (login / change event / etc). In this case, the ASP page should immediately redirect the user to another page after saving the updates. Any other type of interaction (different view or month selection / etc) should be a link / GET.
- Multiple calendars functional on same system/database
- All calendars use the same ASP code (maybe calendar id# in querystring)
- Global user authentication lists, and also per-calendar user authentication lists
- User authentication for each calendar with following types of users:
Admins (can view / change calendar settings & logins)
- User authentication can be disabled, or enabled only for Admins, or enabled only for Admins & Users
Any other suggestions for improvements upon the iCal software would be appreciated.
1) Complete and fully-functional working application written using ASP. Any other necessary code (if any) must be written in VB.Net and supplied in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. A ZIP file that extracts the necessary ASP and MDB files to their proper directories will be acceptable if no other installation needs to be performed.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
- Windows 2000 Server
- Windows 2003 Server
- Windows XP Professional
- Internet Explorer 4.0+