We will build a complete, dynamically generated web site.
The groups _**must**_ use JSP, Servlets on Tomcat. The groups may choose to use a development frameworks such as Tapestry
(<[url removed, login to view]>), to facilitate the development of the project.
**Project: Bug Tracking System
**Bug tracking is a common problem in software development. There are several good bug tracking systems in the marketplace that are web enabled. It would be an excellent learning opportunity to implement such a system in Java. Thus, the entire class will build a software bug tracking system that is web enabled. The specifications for this application will be taken from a good example on the web found at:
[url removed, login to view]
Check-out the live demonstration to see how the system works. We will use the online application as an example to work from to implement the project.
The project is broken-up into several major areas:
1. Sign-in/out, and User account administration
a. Add/Edit/Delete User account
i. Includes Roles information
b. Sign-in/Sign-out Controls:
c. Other account administration tasks
2. Main Bug Track Page has:
a. Bug Details Search Control ****MY PART IN PROJECT**
**b. Bug Summary Control
c. Bug list (grid) control
3. Add/Edit Bug Page
4. Bug Details Page
a. Bug Details Control
b. Bug History Control
c. Bug Response Control
5. Bug Project Creation/Edit Page
a. User administration on a project basis
6. Integration and Navigation via MVC design
1. The bug tracking system must support multiple different projects.
2. The system must support several roles:
a. User/Developer ??" normal developer role that has the ability to view and respond to bugs assigned to the user, and contained in the projects with which the user is participating.
b. Project Administrator ??" user role has the ability to add/remove users from a project, and to override a user’s entries.
c. Super Administrator ??" has ability to reset passwords of all users, assign users to the roles such as Super Admin, and Project Admin.
d. Tester ??" see further details below.
- List all pages you will create, all elements on all pages you will utilize, all actions that will happen when a button is clicked on your page (see coding naming conventions below for naming details).
- Describe any error checking that you will do on button clicks, etc. In general, describe the behavior of your piece.
- Describe all dependencies on other components in the project.
- Sketch-out the pseudo code that will be invoked on each button click, or for each action your module supports.
- Sketch-out the Java class that you will provide to others in the project, as an Interface to your module.
Expected Outcomes/Deliverables ??" explain what you expect to achieve as an outcome of your project.
Timeline ??" provide a timeline of what you agree to accomplish by what date from now till the semesters end, so that you will carry-out the plan detailed in the Methodology section.
Project File System Structure:
Project name is “bugTrack??
File system structure is:
bugTrack (root of the project)
- image (contains all images)
- rs (contains all public pages)
- pq (contains all private pages)
- style (contains the [url removed, login to view] style sheet)
- data (contains all xml data files for the DB simulated files).
- Thirdparty ??" contains any third party code that we integrate with the project, such as add on .jar files…
Session Object Data Model:
roles and corresponding project Id (roles are user and project Id specific)Pages Descriptions and Names:
- [url removed, login to view] ??" search control **MY CONTROL JSP**
_**NOTE!!!!**_ This might seem like a huge project, but it really isnt. Basically, It is one big Class project divided into separate groups. Each group has to basically interact, and in a sense go hand in hand with everything else in order to be executed correctly. My part is the **_Search Control_** for the bug tracking Project. It has to interact with everything else in order to work properly, and be able to find "bugs" on the system. Review the example posted on the website as it will help with the building of this project. Basically what needs to be done is the coding of the JSP for the search control, and a Details Description. Please review above, to see what a details description is made up of.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
**_DUE DATE!!! - MONDAY DECEMBER 1st 2003 at 10am_**
Run on windows 98 or higher preferrably.