What I would like a bid on is a Computer Build module. The way I’d envision it working is as follows:
· I’d open up the program (current one under bid) that would allow me to add / edit / delete categories, i.e. Components, Accessories, Services. After each category would have a place for a photo and notes, if needed.
· Next I’d select add / edit / delete subcategories, i.e. motherboard, video card, case, Memory Slot 1, Memory Slot 2.
· After the categories & subcategories are created, I’d click on Computer Profiles and be able to Add / Copy / Edit / Delete a computer profile, i.e. Server, Video Editing system, Digital Audio Workstation. So, if I create a new profile called Business Workstation, it would show all the categories with the choice of Active / Inactive. I would activate categories that I wanted on the web for this system.
· Next I’d activate all the subcategories that I would want displayed and below each activated subcategory would be a box to browse to the Point of Sale Sequel database and select a motherboard that would go with that type of system. Another subcategory box would be displayed and I could browse again and add a 2nd motherboard or third if desired. There would be a comments field where I could include a longer product description or any other comments for each individual item, which, if left blank would not be displayed to the customer. Also, I would be able to select one of the parts as the default part to be displayed on the website, prior to any customer changes. I would continue adding subcategories in the same fashion until completed.
Part of Description follows below...
I'd then be able to test the newly created Computer Profile and see if right components / prices show up on the screen, and, save the completed profile.
· Next, I’d click on Upload Computer Profiles and a screen would open up that had all the computer profiles with Active / Inactive boxes. All profiles that are checked Active are the ones that I would want to be displayed on the website. Once confirmed I'd click upload to website and it would add a quoting module to a web page that would list the computer profiles on a page that matches the current website. Later, if I need to add / edit / remove an item from the profile I’d be able to do that from the Computer Build module and reupload it.
From within the website the customer would see a preconfigured system based on whatever components I set as the default items in the Computer Build module and they would be able to customize their computer. Each active computer profile will be displayed with the base total and default settings with the option for the user to select configure it, at which point another page will come up where they can select all the pull-down options they want to use. The price will update as they select their choices. When done with it they would be able to print off the quote. The printed quote will include the Description & Price of the item & will also have the Item Lookup Code (pulled from the RMS DB) that shows as a bar code. This will allow us to simply hand scan in each of the parts when we get an order. When done with the quote the customer would get to print off a copy formated to one page which would include a unique reference # or time stamp. The quote would also be saved to the website and when a customer comes in to the store we could login to an admin panel on the website and bring up that quote and modify it (should the customer want something changed) and print it off and be able to save it to be looked at later using MS Word.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) Program must be fully operational and tested to ensure all points are working prior to concluding the project. I will add Computer Quote to the menu, you will need to provide the linking webpage that matches the current sites design.
Using Microsoft Retail Management Solutions Point of Sale software which resides on a P4 tower with Windows 2003 Server, and, website is hosted at another location on a Windows based system, so will need to FTP in. I'll provide a test site for uploading / testing the program with. Website done using CSS for much of it.