**DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT**
**June 5, 2007**
In the hospital environment, automated vital signs monitors are often used to collect vital signs from a patient. Usually, these automated vital signs include (called a “*vital signs data set*??):
* Systolic Blood Pressure
* Diastolic Blood Pressure
* Mean Arterial Blood Pressure
* Pulse Oximetry data (%SpO2)
* Pulse Rate
This data is collected and then manually inputted into a patient’s Electronic Health Record (EHR). There are several different manufacturer models of automated vital signs monitors and several different software vendors for EHRs.
Most of the vital signs monitors (ie: the Dinamap monitors) can be connected via a serial connection to a PC. The vital signs monitor outputs serially the vital signs data set to a PC using HOSTCOMM communications protocol (attached). This project would automate the process of collecting the vital signs data set and inputting them into _any_ EHR.
See the attached documentation for more detail on the project.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows VISTA