The project will delivery an application that will replace the existing spreadsheet used today by my clieent in order to model and project the profitability of all brand lines. This model is the source of information for numerous other processes (Toolbox, Price Lilst etc.), and is a fundamental management tool.
The current spreadsheet model is quite large and unwieldy, thus the requirement to replace it with a suitable application. The application is to have a web based interface, and draw on existing SQL Server hosted data. Numerous components in the model are data items derived from conditions and calculations.
1) Confirmation of specifications with selected vendor and clarification of any data model details.
2) Application Mock-up/Prototype, the outcome of which also serves as the final application specification.
3) Core Application Development.
4) Delivery and Signoff, consisting of acceptance testing and any minor resulting fixes.
All pertinent test and sample data, model definitions, translation requirements etc. will be made availabl and clarified within the "confirmation of specifications" step.
_ADDITIONAL DETAIL re: EXISTING SPREADSHEET:
_The existing woorkbook actually consists of three sheets. One is the base data for the product lines containing 54 individual data elementson each of approximately 400 line items.
A second sheet contains 56 variable percentages used for calculations, and the third sheet is the summary model itself consisting of approximately 40 rows by 20 columns.
Further specific information detailing each of the data elements and a dummy sample of the sheet will be provided once the contract is awarded and a non-disclosure is subsequently signed.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
The application will be developed to reside on a standard Windows XPP platform, and will utilize HTML, Script, MS/SQL and Active Server Pages (ASP) designed to run under IIS.