We are seeking an experienced ecommerce developer to assist us to create the latest and greatest ecommerce website. Our primary business specializes in selling DVD and VHS on [url removed, login to view] and would like to create a customized high profile ecommerce website to expand our market. We are not limited to just movies; we also sell a variety of other products such as books, CDs, sporting goods and toys and would like our site to reflect this. The site will be located at www.kdw.com. We would like to see some design ideas upfront and are open to suggestions.
* Integrated with Paypal. We currently use IPN.
* Code must be fully documented and easy to understand.
* Simple backend to update any specials/ecommerce features. Product and Sales tracking can be very basic as we already have an inventory/invoicing system in place and we will work on synchronizing the data after the site is built.
* Website must be optimized for search engines
* Would like to cross promote our eBay auctions on the website. We are certified to use the eBay API. ([url removed, login to view])
* Advanced graphic design yet keep it customer friendly. We currently do not have a logo or color scheme so designs are starting from scratch.
* Must be easy to upgrade and expand website features. (Future work opportunities may be available)
* Database design should be done first so that our programming staff can start integrating it into our system.
* Complete and fully-functional working website ready to put on web server as well as complete source code/project files/images/documentation of all work done.
* Database design documentation (ERD).
* Instruction for installation of the website on web server and any database files. Provide support if needed for 30 days after installation.
* Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained and agreed to by the buyer on the site).
The website will be hosted on a Windows server using SQL Server 2000 as the database. We would like development to be done in [url removed, login to view] (preferably C#, but not required).