This is envisaged to be a simple and innovative standalone windows/dot net application.
The objective of the application to move the data changes between two SQL Server sites (Main Office and Branch office). Both the servers are behind respective firewalls. Both sites have internet web connections. Ports other than 80 cannot be opened.
IIS will be running in the Branch Office Server only
This application is to run in the Main Office server with a timer set to 15 to 30 mnts interval and move the changed data from the Main Office server to the Branch Office server and vice versa.
There are about 10 tables that need to be synchronized
Each of these tables has a field “ToTrf?? to indicate whether a particular record has changed.
Thus the application’s job is to move the records for which the Flag (field “ToTrf??) is set to 1 and turn it off (set to Zero) after the data is moved
First the data is moved from the Head Office to Branch Office.
After that the data is moved from the Branch Office to Head Office.
Conflict resolution need not be provided.
The data to be moved will contain Text, Numeric, Binary and Image (blob)
The data should generally be synced every 15 minutes during working hours
The total data movement is likely to be about 20 MB in 15 mnts
1. Application must be written in C# (using either winform or web form).
2. Data transfer to and fro can be in any acceptable form (e.g. XML, binary dataset etc).
3. Application must ENSURE that data is able to pass through the firewall without opening ports (other than port 80)
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
1. Both sites will be using SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition running under Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition).
2. All records must be able to synchronize within the schedule time interval of 15 mins.
3. Microsoft Dot Net Framework 2.0 Technology will be used.