We are looking to customize DataGridView in Windows Forms. We need to implement both multiple row selection AND left-mouse drag-and-drop.
Your custom DataGridView should act like Windows Explorer and should allow "Marquee Style" selection. That's the rectangular selection that appears when you click and hold the button in My Computer.
1) You can select multiple rows as allowed by default "MultipleSelection = true" behavior.
2) Left mouse button will select multiple rows if you drag it up and down in the DataGridView control
3) If you drag selected rows outside of the DataGridView, drag-and-drop effects should be displayed and drag-and-drop initiated.
4) Marquee Selection box should be displayed via a call to WNDPROC similar to how it's done for ListView Control and Windows Explorer.
There has to be a perfect balance between initiating "drag-and-drop" and selecting more rows. Your DataGridView should allow Marquee Selection until you drag the results to another Control / Windows Application.
Here is a page that may help with some aspects of this implementation:
<[url removed, login to view]>
The timeline for this project is 2 days. We are looking for quick turn-around that fits the requirements precisely. Please keep in mind that it's not a simple project -- you are fundamentally changing the selection/mouse behavior of a DataGridView, plus you're accessing Unmanaged code to enable Marquee Selection.
Please bid only if you have 9.0 feedback or higher. This is a requirement for this project. We would appreciate if you could give a brief description as to how you would perform this task.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
"Microsoft", "DataGridView", ".NET", ".NET 2.0", "Windows Forms", "Controls"