Here are two concerns in order of impotance.
1) I have created a simple apartment threaded DLL to retrieve data from the web. It uses MSHTML and WebBrowser Control. I tried both. In the VB6 IDE environment the code runs like a charm. When I create the object in ASP, I will try to load the url, but will never complete. I am using the following while loop when using the MSHTML Control:
toolong = DateAdd("s", 20, Now)
While (UCase([url removed, login to view]) <> "COMPLETE") And (UCase([url removed, login to view]) <> "INTERACTIVE") And toolong > Now
'GetCompSales = GetCompSales & "GetCompSales1_" & UCase([url removed, login to view])
toolong is set 20 seconds out as the maximum waittime for the load to complete. This should prevent endless loops.
For the WebBrowser control, I use the ReadyState property in a similar mannor except the property is numeric and not a string.
Two things happen in ASP. It will return really quick due to looping too long or it will just hang. I will send the simple function code to those that can help. I am testing different approaches, that is why I have both controls. One will do. In one case I needed to click a submit button and .submit or .all(0).submit did not work reliably in the WebBrowser control.
2) I need a multithreaded solution for this object. If one person is on the ASP Page using the control another person would be blocked. Is this a complus issue?
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
VB6, ASP, IIS win2000