I have been working on an asp.net application to make the Xippee feature available for the new touch screen phones. See how the Xippee feature works at [url removed, login to view] The partially working version can be seen at mobile.xippee.com. The problems it has now is:
1. The (+/-) window doesn't pop up near the selected words.
2. Its not showing the ads in the area below the (+/-) buttons. I have the code to obtain the ads done already, just need it displayed properly in the little window area.
3. The code to modify the search when the user clicks the (+/-) buttons is mostly working, but still has a few glitches.
4. The user should be able to select and unselect words, right now the unselecting isn't working.
5. If you have any good ideas I'm all for hearing them and potentially including them in this project.
6. If possible I would like to make it possible to use on non-touch mobile devices by allowing the user to navigate through the words to select them. Please offer your opinion on how difficult this might be.
There is a test site that simulates the iPhone which you can use for testing at:
[url removed, login to view]
However, it would be a huge plus if you had a real touch screen phone to test with.
Please feel free to offer any ideas you may have and we might be able to include them in a larger or future project for you. I will be happy to send the current Visual Studio 2008 project upon request for your review.