Hi everyone. I have this need for a piece of software that will come in two parts: an online console, hosted on a Microsoft .Net Server 2003 and a desktop based application with GUI, which will communicate with the online console. The desktop would be continuously connected over an ADSL connection to allow for the communications.
The project, which I call ibooking, will be a booking system for restaurants. The application will have maps and feasible table locations of the restaurant and will allow for online bookings up to, say, three months in advance. The online console will check against a database of available seats at designated times and dates and will confirm the booking with a booking number, date and time.
I also wish to add ibooking eXtra to this project. This will incorporate ibooking but will also look at order taking by waiters through PDAs (powered by Microsoft Mobile 2003) that wirelessly transmit orders to a receiving desktop, which in turn prints the order to the kitchen for processing. This will also calculate total bill costs as well as allow the restaurant managers to administer and perform minor day-to-day bookkeeping.
I will be able to provide further information before you start this project. Please send all your enquiries regarding this project as well as a cost estimate and I will provide you with greater details of the projects. I must stress that I am looking for professionalism from the winning coder and that there are other projects that could be awarded to the coder should I be impressed with the work.
I would also like to impose a strict deadline of about a month but this will be negotiable and will be adjusted according to how the coder feels will be appropriate.
The project will be deemed complete and acceptable if the following criteria are fully met:
· Complete and fully functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
· Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
· Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
I will also observe the following codes of practice to this project.
· I do not intend to rip you off, as a coder. In fact I will reward you properly for your hard work and effort.
· The program is such that perhaps one or two attempts are needed at it to allow for the level of perfection and practicality that I am after. The payment is only for the final, fully working version and not for the intermediaries that may occur.
· Since the ibooking concept is fully I=understand and specified by only me, there will be a need for great levels of communication between us and these communications will often result in changes to the original specifications, modifications and additions. Again, the final payment will be made for the inclusion of all these modifications.
· I must stress that the payment will be reasonable and tangible to the amount of work that is needed. I do not want to scare you in thinking that ‘this guy wants more than he's willing to pay for'.
The platforms on which these applications will run are as follows. The online application will run on a Windows Server 2003 with MS Access databases as well as possible use of SQL. It will host [url removed, login to view] and a host of other .Net applications.
The desktop application should be compatible with Windows versions 98, Me, 2000, XP Home and XP Pro. Future versions of Windows should also bee taken into consideration.
As it stands, I do not have any plans for the application to run on a non-Windows based PC but perhaps some thoughts and your feedback would be welcome on this matter.
The ibooking eXtra console will also run off Windows XP whilst the PDA application will run on Windows Mobile 2003