We are requesting a quote for the development of an email archive system. We will need to communicate and work together closely to finalize the specifications so that the required results are realistic and obtainable. This request is for the back-end portion only. You will also help with the specification details of the front-end to be subsequently posted on RAC. ***You should have a good understanding of Lucene, MySQL and email servers in general to respond to this request***. This is not a two day project so you should have the time available to insure its success and completion. Please note that all of our current in-house resources are Microsoft centric. Therefore, (as good or bad as that may be) the system should preferably be designed around that fact. If possible, we would like to use Microsoft w2k server(s) as a server platform, vb for coding, and asp.net as the resource for browser based query, administration, and WebMail based retrieval.
We are requesting a turnkey commercial quality product that in general will permit the following in an ASP environment.
* All incoming filtered and outgoing mail messages from a client's mail server(s) shall be sent to the MailSilo for archive. This would be accomplished by Journaling or Sendmail.
* Upon receipt we will look at the message, header and or body (keywords), and determine weather it should be archived or not based upon a policy. If yes, it is stored on our mail server and indexed according to policy with Lucene and or MySQL as policy dictates, if not it is discarded. The policy shall come from a policy table.
* A policy applied to each email determines the length of time it is to be archived, indexing requirement, and the offload or destruction facility. Any policy changes made by an administrator shall be subsequently applied to the archived message. The system shall automatically facilitate the above.
* Users shall have the ability to query their MailSilo email account, selectively search and review, and subsequently download their archived email. Group Administrators shall have the ability to set policy, administer, review and download messages for their group. Super admin have all privileges.
* A form of LDAP should be used to obtain usernames and passwords from client’s mail server(s). These shall be applied to MailSilo.
* Browser based query and WebMail client shall allow messages to be viewed from the archive. Browser based authentication and administration shall also be required.
* All actions that effect policy, retention, retrieval, deletion and offload shall be logged to a database. A report generator to display items in the log will be required. Backup and restore procedures should be included.
You may, in your response, add to, modify or change as you see fit, the detailed specs on how such a program would be developed, and the programs and procedures to use, so the product may be developed in the best way possible. If you would like to receive additional detailed specs on how we perceive the MailSilo product should be developed please respond with your qualifications and we will forward the additional info to you. Thank you.
Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete well documented source code of all work done.
Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.