I need your help with the development of an application for a match making company; their clients register with them and the company finds them a suitable dating partner.
This app is to be made? as a Local web based? app, either in JSP or [url removed, login to view] and will automate some processes that are now done manually; it will also play some MPEG2 videos on the screen to show on a projector.
More details below.
The general functions we need for this application are:
1) Client registration. When a client approaches the company and decides to engage their services, an employee will load the app and use this module to enter the client info into the database. Approx. 50 fields, like name, address, age, etc...
2) Search for candidates. The client will be assigned a workstation at the office, and from there, he will use this module to search through the profiles of people that meet his interests. Some restrictions will apply, like for example, if he's interested in blond girls, ages 18-25, he won't be shown different profiles. Also, he will have a configurable time limit to search, like 1 hour for example.
This search module, might be available from more than 1 computer at the same time, all in LAN, connected to the same database.
3) View candidate details. If the client finds somebody who interests him, he can ask the office employee to show him the relevant details as follows: He will be sat? on a different area, where a computer with a proyector will be set. This computer will show on screen some details of the person, like photographs and text, but it will also play a video recorded previously by the candidate.
4) Show interest. After watching the video, the client may? record on the system that he's interested on the relevant candidate, and this fact will be made available on the candidate? details page, such that the office staff can inform the candidate of the people who have shown interest in her.
Ok, that would be the general idea. What I need from you is:
1) A ball park figure of? how much would this cost to develop.
2) Once our client approves, we'll need a detailed specification of the software's functionality. Feel free to bid for the creation of this spec, please.
3)? With the above spec cleared, you'll make your final offer for the development of the software.
Please post your questions or comments.
Sergio? ? ? ?
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Friday Jun 27, 2008 8:23:21 PM:
Thanks everybody for your interest. Based on suggestions from some of you, the client has agreed to develop this app as a local web based application. I'll repost this project to reflect this change.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday Jul 3, 2008 7:22:15 PM:
Thanks everybody for your offers, I'm discussing with my client, to proceed forward.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Saturday Jul 5, 2008 4:05:51 PM:
Well, I spoke with my client and regrettably she wants to postpone this project :( Nevertheless, I thank you all for your time and I hope we can work together sometime in the future. Regards, Sergio Flores IHG Studios