1) On a user's computer detect an internet connection.
2) Using pre-configured username and password, indicate that the user is online by registering a delta time in a record for the user on an SQL server at a specified web location.
3) On a regular interval, update the delta time to indicate continued presence.
4) At the same time that (3) is occuring, check for any messages for that user on the server.
5) Download the messages to the user's computer and display in the form of a popup window.
6) Delete the messages once downloaded.
i) This is a one way communication from the server to the client, i.e. the client will not respond.
ii) The messages displayed on the client's desktop will normally include a hyperlink to a web page.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).