***Project Summary (some of which is taken from our proposal to our client):***
To upgrade the frontend usability and backend functionality of and existing shipping company website, while keeping the existing host, upgrading the existing SQL database, and maintaining all programming code in ASP. The key backend upgrade will be the addition of a system to allow for your customers to view and pay their outstanding balances online, using a pre-existing 2checkout solution. We further propose configuring the website to send email reminders to your customers automatically informing them that their anniversary date is approaching, and/or sending reminder emails when payments are past due. A Banner Ad Management system is also to be added to the site, managed via the CMS. A newsletter management system for the client is also being considered. All design work (html) will be provided.
The existing website does have a semi-functional content management system, which allows the client to manage customer information, package contents and package location. This system is to be kept but enhanced.
For example, the customer database does capture all client information, including, name, address, phone number and e-mail address. The sign-up/anniversary date for each customer however, is not being captured as that field is currently inactive. On our review of the existing system (which we cannot provide unless a coder is contracted), we also did not see a facility allowing the client to download or backup the entire customer database to a text delimited CSV file (which can be opened in Microsoft Excel and/or the information from which used for other purposes, such as mail merge letters). We have recommended such a system and have included costs herein.
Other information currently being captured in the CMS is the package type, weight and the package contents ??" which are all reasonable.
Tracking information is also being saved by the existing system and that system is deemed to be satisfactory.
Online Payments and notifications are limited only to new customers who can currently register, and pay their sign-up fee online. Upon successful registration, the shipping company gets on e-mail and the customer receives a order confirmation e-mail. Upon successful receipt of payment, another email is sent to the shipping company. the shipping company then sends two (2) emails (manually) to the customer, one with his/her/their new account number, website credentials and their overseas mailbox address then another which is a welcome letter. Customers cannot however, pay for deliveries, check their balances, or pay their annual subscription fees. We propose to solve these insufficiencies.
the shipping company now wishes to have an email sent to the client with an invoice attached for packages that have been received (at the the shipping company office). The client should then be able login, see the cost of the package (and their outstanding balance or statement, in the event that there are multiple outstanding bills). Payments will be facilitated using the existing 2checkout system.
the shipping company will update this customer payment information manually, and there will be no dynamic link between any existing accounting application and the website. For example, when payment is received, the status of the account or invoice will be changed to “paid?? by the shipping company personnel.
The system is to allow the shipping company staff members to:
* Create invoices for the packages that have been added.
* Add monthly shipment schedule
* Automatically send emails to existing customers reminding them to pay their annual fee(s). This email can be programmed to be delivered 60, 30, 15, 7, and 3 days prior to account expiry, and perhaps after the account has expired (perhaps weekly reminders). The duration between emails may be changed by the CMS Administrator at the shipping company.
* development of an eNewsletter, which will allow the shipping company to send notices and company news, specials and so on to all existing or newly added customers (pulling from the customer database)
**Website Frontend Requirements:**
* Create a registry whether bridal, baby, gift or fun registry
* Make payments whether to invoices, mailbox registration, or packages ordered by a registry guest.
* Display monthly shipment schedule
**The website should also have items such as (all design work will be provided by us):**
* Links to shopping sites (such as [url removed, login to view]), as well as payment sites (such as 2Checkout), in order to facilitate online payments for customers.
* Downloadable documents (such as forms) that may be necessary for the customer to complete his/her business.
* The weather in major cities and towns.
* Map displaying the location of the shipping company along with directions on how to get there.
* Links to other related websites
* The facility to display banner ads (A banner ad management system) - the shipping company personnel to add/remove banner ads on the website by incorporating into the site, an integrated banner ad management system. Key features will include functionality to allow the website to ‘smartly’ remove banner ads that have expired, or replace expired ads with new pre-booked replacements.
**Based on the details presented above please note the following:
*Backend Changes to Include:***
* Addition to Content Management System (CMS) to allow the shipping company employees to edit all pages of the website.
* Addition of Registry client listing to Client listing in CMS.
* Upgrade client listing to include branch codes for the various branches.
* Activating the member sign-up date field so that invoices may be automatically generated for renewals.
* Setting the CMS to generate invoices for shipments that have arrived. These invoices will automatically be e-mailed to the client, informing them of the amount owed, and giving them the option of paying on line via Paypal or 2CheckOut.
* Linking system to existing 2checkout site to allow for further payments to be accepted.
* Integration of SMS/Email reminder system to allow the shipping company to send clients renewal text messages or text message alerting them to the arrival of their packages.
* Integration of Weather Channel System.
* Design and Integrate Shopping Forum
* Further upgrade of Content Management so that the shipping company may mange all areas with their agents only seeing select areas
* Integration of Earn Per Click for Google and Amazon
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday Jul 23, 2008 11:29:41 AM:
Thanks to all of you for bidding on our project. I do regret the delay in responding, as I was away from work unexpectedly (due to family emergency). I have reopened this bid request, and need to select a coder by tomorrow at the latest, with a view to starting this project tomorrow as well. Speed, accuracy and cost are essential, as our client cannot exceed the us$2000 budget. It would be ideal if we could pay less. Please look back at our project details, and respond asap. I have sent some of you comments directly.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday Jul 24, 2008 8:27:03 AM:
Hi everyone. This is just a quick update. Our client has been having problems with their existing host and as such we cannot access the site at the moment. Several of you have requested a link to the existing site, I will provide that as soon as it is back online. Also, because of the reliability issues, and the time it takes to get asp related changes made, the client is also considering redoing the entire site (existing, plus new functionality) in php, instead of trying to work with the asp application that already exists. The budget of course remains the same for this. I would appreciate it if you could comment on this option. Would it be faster to just redevelop than to work with existing?