Using Cold Fusion (or ASP.NET) and SQL Server, implement a private messaging version of Yahoo!Mail.
**Please see the "qualifying project" before bidding on this project:**
[url removed, login to view]
The interface should consist of "Mail", "People", and "Notepad" tabs, very similar to how Yahoo's mail system works (we will use "People" instead of "Addresses" and not implement the "Calendar" tab).
A large table of Users (site members) is maintained, each with a unique integer ID, Alias, and email address.
Each User maintains their own list of "People" (aliases). This tab should work like Yahoo's addresses, with the ability to categorize People into user-created Lists.
Manage list of People (analogous to Yahoo's addresses tab).
No search mechanisms are necessary in the scope of this project.
Messaging features include:
- Compose, reply, forward
- Attach one or more files to message
- Multiple recipients, CC, BCC
- Folders indicate number of new messages (in parentheses)
- "Save a copy to your Sent Items Folder"
- "Save as Draft"
- "Allow HTML tags" (or, even better, an RTF editor)
- Move to another folder
- Basic Options like "view 100 at a time" intead of the default of 25
- very simple registration to create new userid/password
- email me when a new message has arrived
A message sender will most often get to the Compose screen by clicking on someone's name within a separate part of the website. The hyperlink will reference the Unique integer ID of the Person and open the Compose page.
The majority of application logic should reside in stored procedures on SQL Server, not in the web scripts. Solution should be very scalable. You should account for very large cases (such as 1000 messages in a folder)
Web design does not have to be pretty, but modern html standards should be upheld (e.g. use linked CSS files where appropriate instead of embedding lots of formatting within tables).
There are more details that I've probably left out (although nothing would surprise you if you are familiar with Yahoo!Mail).
I will have more detailed requirements available prior to the start of the project
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Frontend: Cold Fusion MX 6+ or ASP.NET
Backend: MS SQL Server 2000
all major browsers supported