You will use the following scenario as the basis for a course-long project. Each week you will create files that meet the outlined specifications. You will have some flexibility in how you can meet the specifications, so be creative. For example, in the second week, you be creating a Web Form. This form could be an order form, a sign-up for a mailing list, or whatever else you choose. Just be sure to meet the specifications outlined. You will be graded on your fulfillment of the technical specifications and creativity as you address concepts covered in the course.
Scenario: Country Farms Gift Store is a cottage shop selling gift items from the American heartland. You have been hired to develop an e-commerce web application capable of fulfilling customer orders for their gift products over the Internet.
Begin the web application by creating an HTML homepage with 3 hyperlinks to 3 different [url removed, login to view] web pages. You may choose to organize your online store into different categories, such as special occasion gifts, food items, and crafts. [url removed, login to view] will be used as the programming language for the project.
All 3 [url removed, login to view] web pages should:
· Terminate in the correct file extension
· Include a Page directive
· Utilize the [url removed, login to view] method in the Page_Load event
· Correctly display text in a web browser using the <h1>…</h1> HTML tags to render the name of the online store. Likewise, display subheader text with the <h3>…<h3> tags just beneath the main header with the shopping category for each [url removed, login to view] web page.
Using the scenario of Country Farms Gift Store, create a user interface containing these elements:
* 1 [url removed, login to view] Web Form
* 3 different types of Server Controls
The interface should capture customer profile information with a simple registration form. Provide a confirmation message at the bottom of the web page to welcome shoppers to the online store after they have registered. Pass at least 1 variable from the Web Form to the confirmation message.
Using the scenario of Country Farms Gift Store, create a user interface using at least one of each of the following:
* Branching statement
* Jumping statement
* Looping statement
The interface should fulfill online orders from customers shopping for products in the online store. Also, the interface should validate data entered with one example of structured error handling with a Try…Catch routine and one example of unstructured error handling with an On Error Resume Next statement.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Needs to run on Windows XP, IIS 5.5, and programmed in Visual [url removed, login to view] 2002