There are two parts to this project:
1) Desktop Application:
We need a remote access desktop application that will:
- Install a remote desktop control application (similar to VNC, PCAnywhere...) that can be accessed via a standard IE browser using either a JAVA app or ActiveX component.
- Desktop install must be easy to execute
- During the install, prompt the user for a site code
- During install, prompt the installer for a name (to identify the remote access desktop server name)
- During install, prompt installer for password that will be used to gain access to the desktop.
- Once the client has been installed it must periodically transmit the site code and name to a management application (see below). It must obtain the management application's IP address to transmit to from a FQDN (e.g. [url removed, login to view])
- An icon will be needed in the systray to show the application is running but should only allow minimal changes to the application (e.g., change password, stop service, uninstall application)
- Desktop application install must have option to be installed as a service on applicable Microsoft server platforms.
2) Server Management Application:
We need a management application that will can do the following:
- receive and store in a MS SQL DB the periodic updates sent from the remote desktop application (site code, name, checkin-date, checkin-time, IP address that the update "appears" to come from.) Update information must come from the desktop when it is first installed, activated or in 15 minute intervals if the client is left running.
- if an update from the client has not been received in 60 minutes it must be removed from the DB.
- We will also need some ASP pages running on IIS (On a Windows 2K server) that can list the active remote desktops, IP address, site code, and host name. We must also be able to click on a link within this list that will take us to another ASP page running the JAVA client or activeX component to begin a session to the remote desktop.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
All Windows platforms (98, 2000, XP homew, XP Pro, NT server, NT Workstation)
Internet Explorer Version 6.0