I need the assistance of an experienced SQL 2000 DBA and c# web service developer. Thanks, but people with only basic knowledge of SQL knowledge/c# need not apply. Using .NET framework 1.1.
I have a web service with several methods that talks to sql. My software needs to make secure calls to the web services frequently. Usernames and passwords are held in a sql table. I need help putting together a mechanism to secure the web services that is reliable, secure and with LEAST overhead on the web server as possible.
I also require sql stored procs written than will make the call to authenicate username/password.
I summary, I require:
* Assistance/recommedations/consultation on best practice to secure my webservice calls
* reasons as to why the selected web service approach is best
* stored procs developed, .sql file delivery
* web service code with all method types
* web service consumer/client code for all method types
* Results tested and statistics provided to see visible improvement in efficiency
Project is kinda urgent..
More information will be provided on request. Thanks.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) Require full debug testing and acceptance prior to payment
5) Code must work on a non-development machine
6) Documentation on usage and implementation on both development and non-development machine
7) Must be fully implementable into .NET Visual Studio
8) Document from coder releasing code for unrestricted use
9) Coder must embrace an open communication work ethic
SQL 2000 MSDE/MS SQL 2000+