The program is developed in FileMaker, we need to recreate it and improve on it using and OOP language. We are a manufacturing company that assembles ‘items’. Each item is made up of 1 to many 'sub-items'. When a customer places an order the sub-items that are required are calculated. To manage the 'item' production flow through the factory we break up the order in 'bags' where each bag is bar coded. These bags move through the different 'divisions' of the factory. We need to know in real time where the bag and order is at all times, to do this we record 'transactions' and 'movements' for each bag. A transaction is a description of who, when and what was done to the bag. When a bag is ready the customer is invoiced, either partially or totally.
These are some of the main features:
- Order entry
- Items catalogue
- Bill of materials
- Envelopes: the program splits the ‘Bill of materials’ evenly between the amounts of envelopes the user wants to create.
- Envelopes transactions: Receipt of materials by employee, movement of envelopes from one employee to another, lost or damaged materials, etc.
- Employee payment tracking by hour or piece.
- Customer Invoicing.
- User level security access to features.
- Program supports main file graphic formats (jpg, gif, bmp).
- The database has 34 tables (8 primaries)
- There are around 60 forms which have a printable version.
- 20 Reports (additional reports may be needed)
The translated program will be:
- Drag & drop capable
- Easy to use UI
- Text to Speech
- Must be capable of printing/reading barcode
- will be able to interface with serial device
- able to post database in Internet
- able to get orders from Internet
- Minimum accounting capabilities.
- Seamlessly integration with QuickBooks.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
windows xp, 2000, me, 98 and others