THIS PROJECT IS ABOUT CREATING "USABLE" WEB SITE. SO IF YOU ARE NOT GOOD AT USABILITY, DON'T READ THE REMAINING TEXT.
I am looking for a small web site. Please read all the requirements carefully.
1. The site must be developed in the latest *stable* version of asp.net.
2. The site must use latest stable version of MVC.net.
3. For storing information in the back-end use mysql or sql server, whichever one is comfortable for you.
WHAT I DON'T NEED (i.e. do not spend time on these items):
Membership / Role / User Management / login etc.. DO NOT SPEND time on it. I ask later in the bid to allow 4-5 account to login, but you can just do that by looking at the sub-domain name.
WHAT I DO NEED:
1. Great / easy USABILITY. So, if you are hard core programmer, but don't have good aesthetics / design skills / usability skills, then don't bid on this project.
2. Use Telerik MVC extensions to make to UI "good looking and usable".. DO NOT use any other Java script. (jquery is okay too if something cannot be done in telerik - no other java script outside telerik & jquery).
[url removed, login to view]
This is what the program needs to do:
We have 4-5 internal folks who need to receive files form other team members. We want an internal "file upload portal". It will run on IIS with a wild card sub-domain, e.g. all these are going to be valid URLs:
[url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], user3.example.com.
Show two buttons, 1. Upload File, 2. Admin files.
All the values will be shown based on user name. i.e. set some session variable of "user name" based on the sub-domain, and then only show that domain's files in the admin area, and while uploading the file, upload the files to that team's "folder" on the disk.
You can use any asp.net upload control. Files are going to be very small size so quality of the upload control does not really matter.
The main focus of this project is the USABILITY OF admin panel. We will be uploading 15 files for each user every day. So, within a few days, there will be too many files to manage for the "recipient" of the files. So, the main focus needs to be on the usability of managing these "received files". good looking usable grid from telerik mvc, categorize the files, filter etc are the most important features of this project.