I was thinking of a “pseudo gambling” application like this:
1) Lets say players will play for a unique certain prize
2) For JAVA handsets the app should be a ROULETTE (with 8 numbers only, so it can be seen clearly) or a SLOT MACHINE (showing 3 images only) this should go in J2ME app in the handset
3) after the first download they will have 10 free throws
4)For the next 10 throws he needs to send and SMS and he will receive some recharge token
5)The goal for the game is to accumulate points in each handset, so the bet is unique, and every throw they will increase or decrease their points based on a random program.
6) the player will be able to see their score and based on that take the decision of report it to the server.
7)For Java handsets not sure if a WAP connection could be a way to report it; or maybe with a P-SMS they will report their score to the server and the server will send them back a code to be introduced and continue playing (this should be done in a php server using named pipe to talk to SMS Studio)
8) Both App should report to a server
9) A very simple website should be created to promote and show results
10) In the server, a program should be there and once the player "plays", he accumulates "points" in the handset, lets say the first 10 "throws" are free
11) In ROULETTE the guy should guess whether the result will be ODD or EVEN number only
budget is US$150