I have a keyword search SQL statement that searches products and returns products that meet a specific search string, keywordString. The problem is that my WHERE clause only searches for the specific string and not for each word in keywordString. How can I change it to search each word in keywordString (I am guessing each word is separated by a space)?
Current where clause:
WHERE productDescription LIKE ''%' + keywordString + '%'' AND'
If keywordString = green widgets california, I get products matching "green widgets california" but I want to return not products with:
- either "green" or "widgets" or "widget" or "california"
- "green widget"
- "green widgets"
- "green widget california"
- "green widgets california"
with the most relevant products returned first.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) A signed non-disclosure agreement (NDA) will be required before payment will be made.
SQL Server 2000, SQL Stored Procedures, ASP