This is to develope a web based point of sale (POS) system to manage several retail locations for Cellphone Stores selling phones, accessories, service plans, etc.
1. Tracking inventory with serialized and non-serialized items, 2. tracking service plan activations for commissions due and paid from the service provider,
3. handling sales to retail and wholesale customers, cash, credit card sales, customer accounts.
4. sale returns to any location of the same name locations,
5. stock transfer between stores of same company and between stores of different companies within same software,
managing users rights and authorities.
6. Managing accounts for the companies be able to report (profit and loss account, asset accounts, expenses accounts, income accounts, cash and bank accounts, etc. with double-entry accounting system) on each individual store or stores or whole company or whole group of companies.
7. Tracking customers, email marketing, etc.
8. Building online sales interface for the online sales and managing with back office accounting software.
9. for more information please review the attached Word Document for other project specific details.
Broadcast message 11/16
I appreciate the efforts of all of you friends in taking time to review this project detail and as I mentioned we are pretty open to your suggestions.
And One of you suggested me the following technology to be used for this application.
I would like u all to review this and get back to me (if u can do it) with your suggestion about this and if u would recommend that and how it will be beneficial to client as a user as compare to Web based .net application
in layman language.
""Instead of ASP.Net, Flash combination maybe you are better off using VB.Net on the client machine using the Microsoft Smart Client technology as a part of the .Net suite
Microsoft Smart Client: For a long time people have developed database apps on the web much the same way that they developed content apps on the web, although in princ iple the 2 are very different. Both Microsoft and Java platforms now provide a "Rich Client Interface with Local Storage of Programs/Script logic and Automatic Distribution, Synching & Version Control".
In the Microsoft world it is Microsoft Smart Client Technology which essentially is Visual Basic code running on the client (pretty similar to what typical VB/Access apps used to have). The code can be distributed off the browser (as Applets in Java world) or stored on local disk or stored on a local server; and is synched using .Net Assembly & Version No related features.
In the Java world it is called Rich Client Platform (RCP) and is available at Eclipse . org website. Eclipse is an initiative from IBM.
We believe in the next 3-4 years 60-70% developers will shift from cumberous rendition and parsing of HTML (any flavor) to VB or RCP for database/transaction apps because the basic VB platform makes life much easier for the end-user.""
Thanks for your time and efforts
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
a) All source codes must be in most readable format and with maximum possible explanation about the programming logics and relations between the code sections and files.
b) Full Users manual of the software with screen shots, etc.
c) Full source code logic and relationship between the code sections and files. Program flow from file to file.
d) Database design and relations between tables in proper format
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
**WHAT I EXPECT IN YOUR RESPONSE:
**1. About you or/and your company
2. Previous Work Experiences (Preffered if related)
links or prototypes or descriptons, if you can provide. **Main requirements of this application are knowledge of accounting principles, business process and business logics. Experience with developing some accounting application with POS features will be a plus or atleast show your ability to do so.
**3. What do you think about our project:
How will you develop this project: Explain Technologies and Programming languages you think are most appropriate for this project - in terms of Database, User-interfaces (especially most active interfaces like POS, etc.), back-end or server side languages, etc. We would like to hear in detail about the points that we have covered in out attached document, so we can understand that you have read and understood our requirements and you actually mean by whatever you are saying
4. Development and Implimentation Time for total project with breakdown of different stages you would have
5. Total Compensation that you expect (before you decide - we are a software development company based in Houston TX USA and due to competitive environment we outsource most of our projects with other companies (based in Asia) and since you can see the current market situation with the bids on this project itself. We are also in the same position in front of our client)
FLASH (for POS interfaces and presentations - suggested)
etc. as required