I have an intranet application that allows intranet members to share documents, announcement, contacts, eforms, etc. I would like the ability to have intranet members access their intranet using handheld devices. Initially, I would like an ASP.net application that would perform the following:
1. Present a login page to the user and authenticate against a database
2. Present a menu of available options to the user. These options are variable based on the intranet settings and user permissions.
3. The menu in #2 above will contain at the most the following applications:
a. Announcements - View, Add, Change, Delete
b. Contacts - View, Add, Change, Delete
c. Events - View, Add, Change, Delete
d. eForms - view, submit eform
All of these functions currently exist on the intranet but are only accessible through a desktop browser. As such, much of the infrastructure (stored procedures, validation algowithms, application fields, etc) for this enhancement is already in place.
For example, the intranet currently personalizes a member's content based on who they are. The web app should perform this same level of personalization and can do so by accessing the same SPs as the existing app.
The application should support screens as large as a Palm or iPaq device or as small as the largest available web-enabled phone.
All DB access must be done through stored procedures.
This application should be written in ASP.net (unless you have a good reason why not). The existing intranet application is written in ASP.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Windows 2000 Server
SQL Server 2000