We need an add-in for Microsoft Word to be created that allows a user to work (open/save/edit) contracts on their local computer and save them to a server.
This Add-in will need to be able to:
1. save a document to a server
2. retrieve a document from the server
3. display a list of documents on the server (valid for a particular user)
4. compare a document in word with any Word document on the server
5. store a user's username and password (and it's validity) in the Add-in's settings dialog box.
6. authenticate a user when they 1st run the add-in
**Compare documents clarification**
To clarify, if a user has added text or removed/edited text, the system should be able to present a clear diff of what has changed using the following format.
1. Line 3 paragraph 2, State changed to **City**.
2. Line 30 paragraph 1, **Party of the first Part** deleted
**Example User Experience -- Loading a document
**Allow a user to retreive a .doc from the server by clicking on the Open... button in the Word Add-in. Clicking this button would open a dialog box that will display the current Word .docs on the server for download.
*You will be provided with user experience scenarios for all features.
When a user installs the add-in, they need to enter in the add-in's settings... their account info. This account info. will need to be authenticated against a list of accounts in SQLServer
**1. Works in Microsoft Office XP.
2. Is written using Visual Studio in C#, or C++
3. Utilizes classes/methods/properties
4. Has a well commented API to communicate with the database server.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be working as follows:
A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on Windows XP or Windows 2000 for Office XP.
A Visual Studio project that can be compiled and deployed on a webserver and a SQL script to build the database which will hold the contracts/user account information.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless agreed to by the buyer.)
Windows XP / 2000