I am trying to create a downloadable program that attaches to the desktop of a computer.
Basically, the program will be connected to an information website and will continue to be connected to it even when downloaded. A visitor will enter the website and download the program, which will appear on the desktop as a 3D computer graphic person in the corner of the screen. The visitor can then, at any time or day, interact with the 3D person by typing into the 'speech box' on the screen and get answers to their questions and advice based on information on the website. Basically, what I am after is an interactive program that links to a website, so people don't need to actually search the website for the information they are after, but simply have a typed conversation with the 3D person on their screen. For example; the 3D person may offer a welcoming salutation;
- 3D: 'Hello, Mark. How was your day?'
-Person: 'OK, but I really need a drink'
- 3D: 'Why don't you relax a bit tonight?'
-Person: 'I have to do the grocery shopping tonight'
- 3D: 'Broadway shopping centre is open until 9pm tonight, and Coles supermarkets are having a special on fruit and vegetables this week.'
This is what I am after;
1. A program that links to the website
2. The website that can relay information to the program
3. Design of the program and 3D character
4. An intelligence system that allows the program to 'learn' the individual preferences of the owner. That is, if the person is constantly looking at sports over the internet, than the suggestions/advice given by the program will be skewed towards sports.
5. The ability to update the website
I know I you probably have plenty of other questions and clarifications, so please send them through to me and I will try my best to answer them.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
The program will need to run through windows XP and Vista, and operate through internet explorer and netscape