The goal of this site is to allow users to rewrite and edit famous speeches, movie scenes, lyrics, or any other form of literature. Users will then be able to vote on their favorite “rewrites.”
1. Users can upload speeches, monologues, lyrics, articles, etc. Anything that can be re-edited. User includes the following information when uploading materials:
2. speaker (if any)
3. year published/performed
4. source/title of publication/movie/song
5. About this publication (a string of characters – 1000 limit)
User then inputs the text to be uploaded into a form box.
Immediately after user uploads a speech, on the same screen they will have the option to edit that speech. (See 2)
2. Users can edit and post these speeches, lyrics, quotes, etc. Basically, users take someone else’s work that they think could be better, edit themselves, and post the new version they think is better.
When editing, the original speech should be listed to the left of the box that the user types in his/her new version.
3. For each post/rewrite, the following information should also be displayed:
- date and time submitted (date stamp)
- submitted by: User_Name (link to user profile)
3. Users can rate the rewrites with a thumbs up. Kind of like Digg’s system.
There should be a thumbs up button for each rewrite.
For each rewrite viewed, the numbers of thumbs up should be displayed
4. Users can leave comments for each rewrite
5.. Users have profiles/accounts. The profile displays username, number of speeches rewritten/uploaded, overall score (number of thumbs up received), and the user’s highest rated rewrite. Also, users can add information to their profile. This optional information includes the following form fields:
- email address
- about me
- favorite quotes
6. users can send messages to other users. (similar to facebook). Users can send a message by going to another user profile and clicking the “send me a message button”
7. registration. Users must register. Must include username, password, email, and verify that user is older than 13 years of age. (with a checkbox form)
8. users must log in to make comments, create rewrites, or vote on posts.
9. Email system. Users can report if they have forgotten their password, and the application will automatically email the user the forgotten password.
10. Leaderboard. There should be the following leaderboards:
- rewrite with most thumbs up that has been postedin the past 24 hours (daily leaderboard)
- rewrite with most thumbs up that has been posted this week (weekly leaderboard)
- rewrite with most thumbs up posted in the last month (past 30 days) (monthly leaderboard)
- rewrite with most thumbs up posted in the past year (365 days) (Yearly leaderboard)
11. search – users can enter keywords to search for.
- there should also be an advanced search where users can search for author, speaker, year, title, and user that posted the rewrite.
- the search bar should also be located in the top right of every page on the site
12. Edit old rewrite – users should be able to edit any rewrite they previously posted.
13. users should also be able to browse all rewrites. Users should be able to sort rewrite by the following:
- date submitted
- number of total thumbs up
- rewrite title
NEED TO BE ABLE TO BROWSE
- login or signup
- search for rewrites
- browse rewrites (sort by title, date submitted, number of thumbs up)
- upload a speech
- view leaderboards
- view user profile
Search for rewrites
- basic search: search by keyword
- or, advanced search (new screen)
- search rewrites by (title, date submitted, number of thumbs up)
- Sort by:most thumbs up (today, wekk, month, year)
Most likely, this will be programmed in PHP/MySql, but I am open to suggestions on the languages.
The back-end is the most important – I need this done by a team or person with a lot of experience. The code needs to be quick, efficient, and able to scale well. Lengthy comments describing each function must be included in the code as well.
Front-end – I need to be able to use website and interact with it, but no need for graphic design. Something simple but usable. Tell me what you plan to do for the front-end. No templates. Using a template design for this site will invalidate any contract we have entered into. I will supply a sketch of what the design might be for you to use after the back end programming is completed. Very little will be required for the front end design. I will require at least one revision on any front end design before the project is completed.
I will require assistance in the launch of the site as well. The winning bidder will need to provide me with all of the code, files, etc and then assist me in uploading it to a web hosting provider such as Bluehost.com. This project will not be complete until the site is up and running.
Maintenance – most likely I will retain the developer for on-going maintenance after the project is completed – perhaps leading to full-time commitment if the site does well. Please consider this in your bid and notify me if you would be available for your long-term availability.
Please include all educational backgrounds of developers that will work on this project. Also please include links to prior projects completed.
Finally, only English-speaking applicants will be accepted. Communication is extremely important. Please do not bid if you are not fluent in English.
Please see the file attachments for basic design.