*** Read the FULL job description and research the requirements before posting a bid! Please respond appropriately and with a targeted response to THIS specific job! "Cut and Paste" responses/bids will NOT be considered! ***
Develop a C++ bot or application (with PHP Web page support) for a private, free game world. I would prefer someone who is familiar with Active Worlds and its functionality and limits. However, I will consider someone who is an excellent coder, is eager to explore a new 3d gaming adventure and is excited about contributing to the creation of something/someplace cool! Here are some pictures of the world so far: [url removed, login to view] -- This RPG-style world is called'Arcanum' and is located in the 3d universe 'Active Worlds'. -- http:// [url removed, login to view]
C++ is the language you'll be using to create a bot that will work in conjunction with the active worlds SDK 4.1:
[url removed, login to view]
You will also need PHP(?) skills for creating a remotely-updated, game-related Web page.
Due to the gaming requirements of the bot, the I would prefer that the application be built to allow changes to be made by non-programmers at a later date. Although the below linked program is far too limited in its uses, please reference the below Preston bot for an idea of the type of GUI that is preferred: [url removed, login to view]
Job Specifics (what the bot will need to control):
- global chat or a /shout command, players' ability to have "titles" after their names (CT, PS, B, etc), basic chat monitor with swear words/caps/flooding check and eject function, /home, /join, /ban, /gate and other location commands.
- Bot-controlled, rotating weather and sky functions.
- Quest NPCs stationed throughout the world with the ability to converse with players
- Quest NPCs that are mostly static with a few wandering, bot-controlled NPCs
Gaming: (currently in progress, but needs MUCH more work):
- MANY varied games and puzzles (both player vs. player and player vs. bot).
*Some examples: Chess, Checkers, Bingo, Othello, Backgammon, Scrabble, object hunts
- mystery Games (objects, NPCs and solving clues and puzzles)
- RANDOMLY chosen number puzzles and riddles (solved when the player whispers a number or word to the bot)
- trivia, defined by a boundary and within a specified trivia zone
- an "event scheduler" programmed in to the bot to announce as well as start/stop/run trivia games, contests, hunts, etc.
Creation of a very basic, (uncomplicated?) RPG set-up which includes:
- a monetary system
- ability to find, pick up and store objects
- sell, buy, and trade with other players and banks
- participate voluntarily in arena-style fights (player vs. player or vs. bot)
This is NOT a full-fledged RPG game! Rather, the world's participants will earn recognition, rewards and/or money for the following types of activities (list subject to change):
- completing quests
- solving puzzles
- winning at chess, checkers, scrabble, etc
- reading a book and discussing the story line in world
- hosting a discussion about a pertinent religious, social or political event
- winning a boxing match
- learning a new language
- winning at trivia
- volunteering their time in world to assist new players
Global bot management system / PHP Web Page with the ability to maintain scores, money and items for the entire world. System is accessible via webpage and inworld commands. Includes an API to adjust scores, money, and items from other programs.
For a lower negotiated rate, you may choose to create scripts that will work with the already existing bot programs below:
Xelagot - [url removed, login to view]
AV99 - [url removed, login to view]
Magsbot - [url removed, login to view]
***If you prefer to just write scripts that will work in conjunction with the programs above, please bid appropriately!***
1) Fully documented source is needed.
2) This is an exclusive-use project with the buyer retaining full rights to copyright, use and re-sell the project.
3) Project time frame: After bid is accepted and details are negotiated, 60 days to demo plus 30 more to completion.
4) Once the bid is accepted and all aspects are negotiated in the PMB, the bid cannot change.