Hash Tag Twitter Application
I’d like to launch a website that pulls in tweets that are hash tag-specific, and allows users to follow these tweets. The site will be designed in a way that is similar to twitter.com. This software will allow people to follow tweets using hash tags, as well as add new tweets.
This project request involves development of the backend of the site. I will use another designer to create the look and feel. Here is a list of my development needs:
1. Those interested in using the site and having their tweets show up on the site's live feed will have to login into the site with their twitter username and password.
2. The user will be able to post a tweet to their twitter account directly from the site. The site will automatically add the hash tag to the tweet. The site will count down the number of characters allowed on the tweet in the same way that twitter does. The site will display the number of posts available with a given #hash-tag.
3. The tweet stream on the site must update in real-time (or as close to real time as possible) for the hash-tag stream selected by the user at the top of the site. The user can change the #hash tag stream easily by changing the #hash tag at the top of the page.
4. The functionality must be similar to Twitter where the user's name, picture, the date and time of each tweet are displayed on the stream. Further, by clicking the name of the tweeter you can filter all of the posts for just that user and see that person's twitter profile as well. You can then "follow" them if you'd like.
5. On the right side-bar there will be a list of the top hash tag events on twitter. The user will be able to drag items to the top of the list to become as list of “my list” to follow.
6. At the bottom there will be a word-cloud with the most popular keywords for the given #hash tag. These words will be clickable and the tweets will be automatically filtered by keyword.
7. The software will provide administrative access to monitor the signups and tweets to delete users that are spamming or violating posting policies.
8. The construction should be scalable enough to replicate the same exact model for several sub-categories which we can do at a later date.