I need a desktop application created to generate HTML newsletters based on the templates that I will provide.
The application should have a wizard type navigation with Next, Back and Cancel buttons. Every step should have proper comments for the user for the next action and during generation, the status should be displayed on screen.
Step 1. Enter basic details - Date, Headline, Contact Info, Introduction
Step 2. Enter the Main content article. Show a dropdown for the pre-set topics and allow the user to select a topic. For each topic, I need to store number of pre-written articles (I will provide) and select a random article.
Step 3. Select advertisement. The user selects from a list of pre-set ads and for each ad, store number of HTML ads with images (I will provide) and select a random ad.
Step 4. My Comments Area. Text area to enter comments. There should be no restriction for length.
Step 5. Generate Newsletter. Generate the newsletter in HTML format and store in the location which user will enter. Option to e-mail the newsletter to contacts. Select contacts from the contacts list and click on E-Mail button.
= Additonal functions =
1. Facility to manage Contacts list. Name, City and e-mails is required
2. Facility to manage the Articles. Add, remove and edit article
3. Facility to manage the ads. Add, remove and edit ads.
4. Facility to attach the Header and footer images, custom signature.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Friday Oct 21, 2005 12:07:29 PM:
Hello all bidders,
Thank you all for your response. I have changed my specifications a bit and looking for a more enhanced version, sorry for the disturbance.
1. Now, I am also looking for an inbuilt template-creation feature in the application. Kind of wysiwyg tool for creating HTML templates on the fly.
2. Apart from sending the newsletter via mail, I am also looking for uploading it to an FTP site. Provide a button after the Generation. On click the button, upload the files to an FTP site. the user will enter their FTP server name, and password.
3. I also need an option for selecing the newsletter format. Should support Text and HTML formats. When sending email, the users prefer Text format since the HTML gets blocked many times. Whereas for FTP they would prefer HTML format.
Interested bidders may revise their bids. Thanks and happy bidding