We will in future be creating a more robust and secure way for a remote PC to interact with a central store, but in the meantime want a simple mechanism to transmit log files from a remote PC, and to accept new files in, using an email scheduler.
Because this is a temporary measure, and it's mostly log files that are involved, we're not too worried about security, though we are very open to suggestions on how this could easily be improved. If you have a plan for adding additional security, include this as an optional extra and price it separately please.
Want a mechanism for a PC to "wake up" at scheduled intervals and do the following: (Note the PC will be powered on, but mostly idle).
1) Connect to the Internet through previously defined dial-up connectionNeeds to check that Internet connection is already present - if so, skip this step.
2) Email log files left in a certain folder (folder specified in XML config file)
3) Read email and put enclosed files into specific locations depending on title
4) Disconnect when done(Don't disconnect if Internet connection had already been active prior to start)
5) Clean up log files by moving to "Old Log Files" folder
Suggest using Eudora as the email client as this can be quite easily configured, but we are open to suggestions.
More details in the enclosed Word document.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Windows 2000 & XP