I require an EXE that I can set as the AutoRun on a CD that will be able to operate without requiring any sort of installation on the client's computers. I'm assuming C++ will be the ideal development language for this since I know VB requires runtimes to run properly. The size of the EXE is irrelevant as there will be plenty of space on the CD.
The EXE itself will be a menu for a catalog of PDF's contained on the CD. Here is an outline of the functionality the program must have:
1) Detect if Acrobat Reader is installed on the system by some means, unless you know a better way I would suggest checking the description of the PDF file type. If it contains Acrobat then their system is probably able to display the files properly.
2) If Acrobat Reader is not installed, prompt with a yes or no as to whether they would like to install Acrobat, and if so, launch the Acrobat Installer on the CD-ROM.
3) After AcroBat is installed, or if it was already installed, a search menu will come up that will allow the user to search for terms contained in any of a couple hundred PDF files on the disk. If you as the coder know a way to search the PDF's directly that would be great, but if not, we can create text files as a searchable index for the words contained in each PDF.
4) Search should function similarly to google in that all words typed must be contained in the PDF in order for it to be displayed as a result. If you can make it so putting quotes around it will search for a phrase that will be great, but it's not required. Also a button to lanch the full catalog (PDF also on the disc.)
5) Results would list a title & catalog page number in a list box, user can double click a page, or click a view page button and the specified PDF will be launched in Acrobat Reader (I'm guessing via ShellExecute will be fine.)
6) When the program is done I will requre a small amount of your time to learn how to change the interface to insert company logo and adjust color scheme etc. I have both Borland C++ and Visual C++ so either is fine.
If you as a coder complete this project successfully, I would like an ongoing relationship with a C++ program as I occasionally have projects which I can't do in Visual Basic.
Thank you for your bids.
2) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
Autorun EXE Must work WITHOUT ANY FORM OF INSTALLATION on:
Win98 First Edition
Win98 Second Edition