We have an IE BHO (Internet Explorer Browser Helper Object) and we want some features added to it. Project is coded using Win32 C++.
We have an IE BHO (Internet Explorer Browser Helper Object) and we want some features added to it. Project is coded using Win32 C++. The current files of the C++ project will be sent to the choosen developer. The BHO currently include:
- An installer (NSIS)
- A downloader which can download file locally or remotely through a custom mechanism
- Alert window which are similar to notification window in Firefox add-on
- A bookmarks importer (that can be sent to our remote server using custom AJAX call)
- A preferences system to keep configuration of the application
- A custom sidebar (resizable) which display a server side page.
Now, we want to add a few features to this BHO:
- Cookie set for specific URL: On a specific domain name, we need the BHO to set a cookie to tell the server that the BHO is installed.
- Status bar icon: This will show/hide our custom sidebar (that is already coded) for all the opened tab of IE.
- Address bar hook (Not sure if it can be done, let us know): We need a feature when the user type in his address bar. Internet Explorer currently searches in the user’s history and we would like to add our results there too, so as the user types, an AJAX call would be sent to our server that would send back JSON string with the results. That string would be parsed by you to display the results. The server side component is already done.
We want 3 separate prices for those 3 features and a package deal price if we decide we want you to do all 3 features.
You must test the final product in IE 6, IE 7 and IE 8 and it must work flawlessly in those 3 IE version.