Microsoft Outlook establishes a lock on the .PST data file when running. I want to be able to read the file regardless. While I have been unable to get a native C# application to read the file while locked by Outlook, NotePad does not have a problem which means it is possible.
The following C# code fails:
*string filename = args;
[url removed, login to view] s = [url removed, login to view](filename, [url removed, login to view],[url removed, login to view],[url removed, login to view]);
BinaryReader breader = new BinaryReader(s);
[url removed, login to view]();
I need a C# program that can read bytes from the [url removed, login to view] file while Outlook is open. It is okay if the C# program must access a external dll written in C or C++ as long as the source code for the other dll is provided as well.
The program should take as a parameters:
1) the filepath of the .PST program
2) the filelocation from which to read the bytes
3) the number of bytes to read.
The program should then display the bytes read.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).