I run my own e-commerce website, where i sell games, consoles and accessories. I want to embed an collaborative filtering engine (e.g. recommendation system) into it much like [url removed, login to view]'s recommendation system. I want a set of functions, implemented in php and geared towards mysql, to make use of such an engine. The code should be scalable, e.g. be reasonably accurate and fast on a large database with millions of items. Ideally it is Object Oriented.
Requirements in short:
- php implementation of a modern collaberative filtering engine
- will operate on buy histories and user ratings (1-5)
- set of easy to use functions/methods
- geared towards mysql
- ideally OO
- can be implemented as a cgi as well. in that case i need it done in Microsoft Visual C++ compliant C++
- clearly documented in english
Some resources about collaborative filtering: [url removed, login to view]
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Solaris + PHP4 + MySql