Use Crafty or Phalanx Chess Bitmap Coding Technics to create a fast and strong cotuong (xiangqi chinese chess engine) portable for cxboard ( [url removed, login to view] ) with parallel search engine in compile options to run on Openmosix cluster. Coder might have to write engine from the start. Also, Coder must complete CXBoard Add/Fix/Update requirements. Please see Deliverables.
CoTuong Engine Requirements:
01. Use bitmap based board technics (Don't use Tsito2 code).
02. Compile option for AHPID/Cilk Parallel chess engines execute on all Nodes at the same time on openmosix cluster.
03. Applies all Crafty's Search and Tactics technics to make engine fast and strong. I listed few below. i.e. Negascout/Negamax search,Killer/history move ordering,Static Exchange Evaluation quiescence move ordering and pruning,Hash (transposition/refutation) tables,Analysis Function,Iterative Deepening,Internal Iterative Deepening, etc...
04. cpu player must obey section 4 of asian rules.( [url removed, login to view] ). i.e. in situation perceptual check cpu must find another move after 3 checks or loose the game, long cannon chase, etc...
05. Engine should run in text mode with command ./cotuong and on CXBoard with the command cxboard -fcp cotuong.
06. version release should be cotuong-2.x.x.tar.gz.
07. The End product Compile proccess should be: ./configure, make, make install for RedHat Linux 9.
08. Product should run on RedHat Linux 9, P4 [url removed, login to view]+, GeForce4 ddr/mx video card, and AOC vga/svga monitor.
CXBoard Add/Fix/Update Requirements:
A. Add small bitmap of xiangqi pieces infront of the Moves window( [url removed, login to view] ),allow user to double click on a move in Moves window to force make that move, and allow user to Right click on a move in Moves window to force think that move.
B. Add Option move sound,best move hint arrow,Hash table setting,-swictches setting,allow Two program Tournament capability,etc...
C. Fix Book/CPU select mode/RAndomly/ as default start correct at first compiled and View/Table Coordinates/ON as default and make sure it alway on correctly at first compiled.
D. Update The interface command should be: cxboard -fcp cotuong (need to modify protocol if neccessary and documenting it)
E. Update Move the opening book interface to cotuong so that the engine uses it's own [url removed, login to view]
F. Update Help/Contents to drop down listing so it's look like the help content of Mozilla's v1.2.1.
G. Update allow user to drag and move cpu pieces while cpu thinking (force specific piece to move)
H. Update View/stone or wood board and pieces options.
I. Update cxboard kill xiangqi engine when the user presses the close button on the window decorations.
J. Version release should be [url removed, login to view]
1i) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2i) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3i) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
4i) Comply with GNU General Public License.