Over the past 2 years our developer has produced specialize software for the editing of images from scanned microfilm both bitonal and greyscale images. The main functions are accurate border detection, and cropping, deskewing, black/white point and gamma adjustement, binarization,naming and indexing and searching. The software operates in batch mode and allows reviewing for any necessary final adjustments. The software is based around a couple of commercial sdk and our own developed algorithms. All software written completely in C++ (C++Builder 6 development platform, can also be used under Borland Developer Studio 2006) and all source code is available. For various reasons our developer is no longer able to continue working on the project.
I am now looking for someone that is familiar with C++ and has a lot of experience to take over the project. If you think your might be interested let me know more a little about what you have done previous in relation to this type of graphic editing development.
I expect the project to have three phases:
1. Once I have reviewed all the replies, I will section one person to make minor additions to a section of one program
2. Providing the work is satisfactory the chosen person will then have a budget to debug existing software
3. Once bedugging is finished we will continue with prgram development.
However because we operate in a commercial environment threre is the possibility that we will need to do some developemnet before all the debugging is completed.
I would expect to spend US$3,000-5,000 on this project over next 12 months.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).