We are looking for a developer to create a new desktop application that will provide analytical tools to assist in the pricing of a product or service. Users will enter a small amount of data covering competitors, potential price points, expected customer reactions to potential prices, and costs. The application will analyze the input data to determine the prices that maximize profits, revenues, or other target variables. The analysis will include fitting curves to small data sets and finding maximum points on fitted curves. Users will be able to see the results both plotted on graphs and summarized in tables.
Appearance: Approximately the same look as Microsoft Office 2003 for menus and tool bars/command bars
Platform: Visual Studio .net 2003 using Visual C++ and MFC; We anticipate the use of licensed MFC UI components, but we need to discuss and approve them
See the attached file for more details. We have put considerable thought into this application and have a clear idea of what we want.
We intend to structure the project into two phases. Phase I will deliver a detailed design document that must be approved before proceeding. Phase II will deliver the completed application. Fees are to be split as 10% up front, 10% at the end of Phase I, 30% at the start of Phase II, and 50% at the end of Phase II.
We are price sensitive, and we therefore are looking for a cost-effective solution to our programming needs. Successful completion of this project could lead to additional projects, both enhancing this application as well as developing other applications.
We will only consider bidders who have a documented record of completing similar projects. Similarly, only bids that demonstrate an understanding of our specific application will be considered.
Bids must include a timeline of major development stages, highlights of components (e.g., libraries, 3rd party MFC components, etc.) expected to be used, and a description of experience on similar projects.
1) Design document - to be approved before significant coding begins
2) All source code used in the application (must be properly documented)
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased, except incorporated open source, free or 3rd party code/components, which must be freely distributable in commercial products or have copyright/licensing implications that we have discussed and agreed to
4) Complete working, tested and accepted application in executable form
5) Installer and de-installer
6) All required project files organized so we can easily rebuild the application in the same development environment §All graphics or content files used
see attached file for more details
Windows 98 or later, without the need for additional downloads (e.g., no .net CLR)