Our program is to be deployed typically via the internet using 'Internet Component Download'. However, some of our clients prefer to deploy our solution via an MSI method.
Given the above intent, I would like to have developed an 'Internet Component Download' solution the utilises a MSI setup.
Size is of critical importance, so rather than developing one MSI package that works for all platforms I would prefer several MSI projects, each directed towards a target platform.
I imagine you could develop a MSM for the main application which gets consumed by each of the MSI projects.
I would like the MSM, MSI scripts to be developed so that they can run in a verbose or silent mode.
I would like the installed application to be available from Start->Programs->HDSE->Web-Narrator
The application is to install on Win95,98,NT,2k,Xp
* experience in developing MSI, MSM installs
* experience is developing 'Internet Component Download' solutions.
* experience in using digital signatures
* Access to a test machine upon which clean images of Win95,98,NT,2k,Xp can be installed for testing purposes
* Be ready to suggest better ways of achieving the Intent.
* To be able to download the Microsoft Speech SDK [url removed, login to view] from [url removed, login to view] (134666KB)
The Application to be deployed is called Web-Narrator. See [url removed, login to view]
Its a very simple appliaction, and you can download a trial version to see its functionality.
We will will supply you with the following:-
1. The Web-Narrator application
2. An ActiveX component Project in C++ which can launch the Web-Narrator application from a web-page.
3. Help files and EULA
Please see Web-Narrator Install [url removed, login to view] in the attachment for full details of the requirement.
Each of the deliverables must be fully-functional and complete with source code.
1. A Web-Narrator MSM project which includes just the application and the help files
2. A MSI project which creates the smallest possible install for Win95 (Consumes the Web-Narrator MSM)
3. A MSI project which creates the smallest possible install for Win98 (Consumes the Web-Narrator MSM)
4. A MSI project which creates the smallest possible install for WinNT (Consumes the Web-Narrator MSM)
5. A MSI project which creates the smallest possible install for Win2K (Consumes the Web-Narrator MSM)
6. A MSI project which creates the smallest possible install for WinXP (Consumes the Web-Narrator MSM)
7. A Internet Component Download project which builds a cab file.
8. Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).