What I need is a dll with these six methods
1. register program as a service
For this, the parameters would be path of file, service name (the service name is whatever I want to call the service), and whether it will autostart
2. unregister service
The parameter would be service name
3. start service parmeter would be service name (this would start the service if its not already started
4. stop service parameter would be service name (this would stop the service if its not already stopped
5. start service automatically (service name) if not set to auto upon install
6. start service manually only (service name) if not set to manual upon install
This needs to work with Windows XP Home Edition, Windows 2000 Server Edition, and Windows 2000 Professional Edition. I would prefer the component to be in C++. I also need the sample VB application to show how to use this. This must be in Visual Basic 6.0. Also must be able to install programs written in either Visual Basic or C++ to register them as services.
1)The source code and compiled dll (COM Object) and source code only for the sample VB application to show how to use it.
2) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Must work with Windows XP and Windows 2000
Windows XP Home Edition, Windows 2000 Server and Professional Editions.