We have an a small utility that is written in C# that is a download manager which splits downloads and automatically resumes then if you restart the system. It is written in C#, currently it has some minor issues and bugs, needs the installation fixed to our standards and needs some fine tuning. You will be working with our tester who will verify your work.
The issues are below and relate to our application checklist:
Application Standards Failures:
• None were created at all, just desktop icon.
• Using Search is says at the top "Search the internet for useful and interesting stuff" … “stuff?? doesn't look proper.
• Default install is.. "Program Files\Need For [url removed, login to view]\" not "Program Files\Tometa Software\Need For [url removed, login to view]\"
• **** UNREGISTED VERSION **** doesn't show up in the applications name.
Testing Checklist Problems:
• After installed, and rebooted, when get into windows, there is a .net framework error. see [url removed, login to view]
o Web help site didn't load... ie 404 error file not found
o Web site didn't load... same as above
o Purchase site didn't load... same as above
o About box, Register Here link doesn't work.
o Force AutoUpdate button causes error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
o Update Advertising button causes error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
o On first start up, there are already files listed for download, should be empty.
o Failed to get downloads to start downloading.
o MP3, Program, Games, File name and Movie search doesn't actually search the search words entered by user..
o In the General drop down of the app, it's called "Configuration", in the actualy configure window, its called "Options"
o Typo in the General Tab area, Launch [url removed, login to view] on *sartup*
o Dial Up Services tab, frame caption is "Redial" should it be "Re-Dial"?
o Sounds tab, there are some sounds configured for someone by the name of Boris
You will be responsible for fixing these and working with us to get the product commercially ready to distribute. That may include adding limitations into the application when unregistered and other items.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
All platforms supported by .NET 1.1