The program that I need help with is a client(in Java)-server(in c) solution that shpuld work like this.
1. The server should be written in c, be multiclient and have mysql support.
2. The client should be written in Java.
3. Communication is by TCP/IP
4. Messages sent between server / client are \n terminated strings.
5. Platform on client WINDOWS and LINUX, platform on server LINUX.
6. The client may be of the types 1. Source 2. Consumer
7. The server should be able to handle multiple message types.
8. The server should transmit messages that are not in a predefined list to all connected clients (except the one sending the message to the server)
9. The server should be able to handle very heavy trafic.
10. Compiler version on server is gcc (GCC) 3.2.3
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Server : LINUX
Client : LINUX and WINDOWS