I have a need for a “Communication Server?? that reads messages on a MS Access data file, using ADO, then sends messages it picks up in a query of messages not sent via the windows SMTP services.
The program needs to run as a service on a Windows server with user options for starting, pausing, and stopping services. (See screenshot [url removed, login to view])
-Program reads MS Access Data file, looks for messages not sent, (see MS Access file named [url removed, login to view] in ZIP file, user name “admin?? password is “emailuser??) sends email using CDONTS, then marks that email as sent. The ms access file as columns for future usage but not used in this initial development.
- Program checks MS access data file based on timer set by user.
- Program needs to be able to look at multiple MS access data files. Think of each MS access data file as a different system that has its own preferences. I have a minimum requirement of this program needing to read at least 5 systems and have option settings for each of those different systems.
- The program needs user preferences for polling the MS Access data file, setting default program variables, (See Screenshots, [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view])
I originally tried storing options in an INI file, and then moved on to a MS access file, and now even thinking about XML file. I don’t care what is used, just keep it simple! I only require that the first three option tabs be functional for this first release, the other tabs I can develop as needed. But, still leave those tabs as I have shown in the Screenshots.
- the third tab (preferences) needs to at least have time of day the program will send messages and time of day that the program will stop sending messages.
- I have screen captures of the currently developed program in my attached zip file.
- I have a first test version that works on a Windows 2000 server complied in the zip file.
- I have included my current source code developed in VB6.0 SP5. If VB is not the correct platform for this program, please advise.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
The Program needs to Run on a Windows 2000 and or Windows 2003 server as a service. Capabilites for Windows XP would be great, but I understand more CDO and SMTP services would need to be setup.