I need a program that performs the following function:
After working with an Microsoft Excel spreadsheet,
1) I want to be able to go to File, Send To
2) Then choose email attachment.
3) The program should (using the mail server I give you the info for) send that file to the user address(s) specified.
4) When the transmission is complete or it errors, a pop up message box with an appropriate message and an "ok" button should appear. There will be no need to store the message, if it doesn't go thru, I'll just go back and resend it later.
1) A simple interface is a MUST. I see the actual interface as being nothing more than a list box with the nicknames of people whom i've previously entered their email addresses.
Clicking the name of each person I want to send the file to, then clicking "ok" should be all that's required to send that file. I don't forsee the file going to more than 2 or 3 people, but please allow for up to 5.
2) A button should be located on this screen to add an email contact.
An email contact should consist of: Nickname, Email Addy
3) The setup part of the program should consist of (and this is where I'm unsure, ask me any questions you need) - my name, my server/password info... ??? anything else ???
The setup can be integrated into the program, or it can be a separate program.
4) The only text in the email it sends, I suppose, would be a subject (ie. Here is email from Bruce, with attachments). With a message of like: This message contains (x) Attachments: Attachment1, Attachment2, Attachment3 etc etc...
5) Please note: I'll need instructions on how to make this program my default mail program so that it's called when I "send to", "email attachment". It's currently set to MS Outlook.
6) No encryption is needed for the sending of these files.
Feel free to ask any questions, make any suggestion.
If you bid, please describe what your interface might look like or post a demo picture.
I *prefer* VB6.0/VC++, because I'm somewhat familiar with them, I'll probably need more instructions in installation if you don't use one of these 2 languages
I'll be available to answer questions during the entire programming project, except when I'm at work (usually between 10pm-6am CST Wed-Sun).
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights and distribution rights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
4) Complete instructions leading me thru the setup of making this program the default email program.
Win98, WinXP home. (If it's an either-or, then it needs to work on WinXP).
AMD 700 mhz minimum, 256 meg ram, lan-connection to the internet (cable/dsl/satellite)
MS Excel 2002