**Requirements for Demonstration Program**
The program shall begin with the display of a Window with inside dimensions of 512 X 512 pixels (absolute screen pixels). The window shall have a visible frame displaying the controls but, the inside shall initially be transparent. Therefore, any and all underlying screen content shall be visible inside the window.
There will be two "slider" controls on the right edge of the window frame. One slider will be labeled as "frequency" and the other labeled as "opacity". The frequency slider will range from 0 to 60 cycles per second (cps) while the opacity shall range from 0 to 100%.
The basic action of the software will be to use the parameters set by the sliders to modulate the brightness of different areas inside the window. For example, if the frequency slider is at 20 cps and the opacity is at 20% then the area of the screen being operated upon will be darkened by 20% for 1/40 of a second and then returned to full brightness for 1/40 of a second (1/40+1/40=1/20 or 20 cps). Once completed, the next area of the screen will be acted upon. The process repeats until the entire screen has been modulated and the process repeats.
It is desired to perform the process in eight steps on smaller and smaller vertical bands of the screen using binary division. For example:
1. Step one will be the left half of the screen from pixel 0 to pixel 255
2. Step two will be 1/4 of the screen from pixel 256 to 383
3. Step three will be 1/8 of the screen from pixel 384 to 447
Step four will be 1/16 of the screen and so on until eight steps have occurred. The width of the last vertical band in step eight will be two pixels.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
We would like this program to work initially on
Windows 95, 98, and/or XP platforms.